Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Night in Big Girl Beds

Busy season for me has started so I don't have any photos to post but hopefully soon. Yesterday I worked a wedding all day and night so I wasn't home but Neale said he heard a thump and then footsteps down the hallway. Kaylie escaped from her crib. The doctor told me to leave the girls in their cribs until they could get out because it is safer for them (especially since they are on the second floor). So the time is here and today Neale turned the cribs into beds. They seemed pretty excited about the change and wanted to play and jump on the beds (before we turned out the lights). Surprisingly, they went to sleep without any problems. They got out of bed twice at first and went to the gate in their doorway to peek down the hall but they got right back in bed when we told them to. Taylor cried for just a minute. I am pretty sure she was scared but it only lasted a minute and then they both went right to sleep. (Sigh of relief!) Having 2 two year olds is a handful so I am sure not all nights will be like this but I am certainly grateful that this one was.

Kaylie has really only had one or two meltdowns since we got back from Disney World. I think the meltdowns really only happen when she is overtired or hungry so I will do my best not to let either of those situations happen. Otherwise, the girls are great and very chatty these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment