Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We Loved Halloween - Strawberry Shortcake and Tinkerbell

What cha doing sissy?

Taylor wouldn't wear the hat but with those cute curls it still looked precious

Tinkerbell with her candy


Look what I got mama









We went to our friend's neighborhood for Halloween. Taylor dressed up as Strawberry Shortcake and Kaylie was Tinkerbell. I didn't think the girls would enjoy trick-or-treating because they are usually very shy when they meet people. They loved it! We put on costumes which went surprisingly well. I have learned that they love to hear that they are beautiful so I told them they were beautiful when I put their costumes on and they got all excited and you could just see the sparkles in their eyes. So they were happy to wear their costumes except for Taylor's hat. Our friends had a neighborhood party and there were kids running around everywhere. Kaylie and Taylor just watched all the kids. I told Taylor she could go over and play with them. She started to walk over there and got pretty close to the other kids but then just stopped and watched them all. Kaylie was amazed by a leaf in the street. I realized I really need to get the girls outside more! We took the girls to about 10 houses to go trick -or-treating. They are shy so I thought they would cry. Not the case! Taylor walked right up in front of the other kids to try to be first at the door. They loved getting candy in their pumpkins. They thought that was pretty cool! Of course we didn't let them eat any of it (but Daddy did) but they were happy just to hold it and take it all out of their pumpkins and put it back in. Taylor cried her little eyes out when it was time to go home. We all had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment