Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

This is me in a Christmas stocking meeting my dad! I was adopted and my Aunt Jannie picked me up in Nebraska and flew me to Greenville SC to meet my amazing parents and brother, Jeff.
My Daddy and Mom


Me with my brother, Jeff











In looking for some old photos of my Dad I found this one of me on my Big Wheel when I was little. Since my girls love their Big Wheels I thought I would share.









Happy Father's Day to all the fathers!


I am so blessed to have an amazing daddy! He is one of the smartest, kindest, most sincere, genuine, and most successful people I know. He is full of knowledge and I can go to him with anything and he will have an answer. When I was little and he would get mad at me he never really raised his voice but he would give me a look and I knew what that meant. He has always taken an interest in my life and he has been a huge influence on me. When I was little he built me a huge playhouse by hand, used to drive me around on the tractor, rake piles of leaves for me to jump in, built me snowmen (or by the looks of the photos they were snowwomen), helped try to teach me piano, played basketball with me, tried to teach me math (and he was so smart it would drive me crazy because he would go into these lengthy explanations and I just wanted the way to get the quick answer), and sat through my dance recitals. When I was in my pre-teenage years he would drive my friends and myself around in the car and dance to whatever was on the radio. It embarassed me to death but my friends thought it was hilarious. When I began my career in photography he picked it up too. We took trips to Colorado and Hawaii and bored my mom by planning the stops around where we could get the best photos. I definitely got my work ethic and drive to want to be successful by watching him. He is also amazing with Kaylie and Taylor. They call him "AhhhDaa" which means Granddad. I am so proud to have him as my father!

No comments:

Post a Comment