Monday, June 6, 2011

I Love My Girls!

Ready for our 1st day in our new class






Playing in the pool




















No fear...flying down the driveway



"Sissy push me"



Come On Sissy




Today the girls started a new class at daycare. I think they adjusted pretty well. They are growing up too fast! I tried to prepare them by telling them about the new class ahead of time which I think helped. The girls are full of conversation these days. When I am working and I call home to talk to Neale all I hear in the background is screaming " HI MOMMY! HI MOMMY!". When I get home Kaylie runs to the door as fast as she can screaming "MOMMY!" and jumps on me and gives me lots of hugs and kisses. I tell her I missed her and she will say " I missed you too Mommy. I love you." AWWW!!! Taylor does it sometimes too but Kaylie is especially a mama's girl. The moments like that make the meltdowns more bearable. What do you do when two 2 year olds decide to throw down on the floor and scream at the top of their lungs in Walmart when every person in Walmart is staring at you? Just getting back to the car is a major ordeal. Luckily this behavior is rare but "Oh My Goodness" (as Taylor would say) when it does! Honestly the girls are well behaved but when they are sick or tired you best stay at home.




The girls have been sick but are starting to feel better. They went to the doctor and Kaylie weighed 24 lbs 12 oz. and Taylor weighed 25.5 lbs. Taylor thinks she is a gymnast. When she is supposed to be napping she jumps on the bed and dives and rolls head first off the bed. And of course...Kaylie follows in her footsteps. Sunday we went to the beach and Kaylie and I were out in the ocean for a long time. I couldn't get Taylor to go out with me. Kaylie didn't want to go back in. It is a good thing we did go in though because about 5 minutes after we went in everyone was called out of the water for a shark and a stingray that were right in front of us in knee deep water. I saw them both and then we decided it was time to go back home.




The girls can hold actual conversations now. They will tell me they want to sing songs and tell me which ones. They tell me what they do and don't want to eat and what they want to do each day. I love being able to understand everything they say but it also makes me realize my little girls are growing up so fast. They are still the sweetest and most loving girls. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment