Sunday, February 10, 2013

Conversations with a 4 year old

Kaylie and Taylor go to a Christian daycare so they often ask questions about God. The other day Taylor was talking about Heaven. Here is how the conversation went -

T - "Mommy do all people go to Heaven?"
Me - "Yes, as long as you are good one day you will go to Heaven. Everyone will go to Heaven sometime but hopefully not until you are really old."
T - "Well is there a potty in Heaven? What if I have to go to the bathroom?"
Me - "Honey I am sure there are potties in Heaven."
T - "Well I don't want you to go to Heaven before me."
Me - "Well I probably will go to Heaven before you but it hopefully won't be for a long, long time. Not until I am really old."
T - "Well I don't want you to go. What if you are in Heaven and I NEED you?"
I paused because the question tugged at my heart so she kept asking.
T - "Mommy, what if you go to Heaven and I NEED you? What will I do if I NEED you?"
Me - "Well honey I will always be there for you and you could just talk to me like you talk to God."
T - "Well mommy, how will you hear me? Are you going to bring your cellphone with you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment