Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Learning how to ride our bikes

Wearing mommy's glasses


The girls got bikes from Santa. The bike photos are from January. Kaylie picked up riding really quickly. Taylor is having a harder time with it but her sissy is being a big helper. Taylor fell on her bike so Kaylie is now letting Taylor ride her bike "forever and ever so she doesn't fall and hurt herself again". Kaylie even pushes her on the bike to help her. It is amazing how sweet and what a great "big sister" Kaylie is. The girls don't know who is older. I am trying to keep it that way so it is one less thing for them to fight about. I have noticed that when you have twins people ask you some crazy questions and say some crazy things. People I don't know ask me if I did in vitro or how I had twins. They ask me if the red hair came from the milkman because neither myself or Neale have red hair.  I was just at the grocery store a couple days ago and the man bagging the groceries asked who was older. I told him they are the "same age" because I didn't want the girls to overhear me. He then asked me how far apart they are and I told him one minute (c-section). He then said, "Wow, you must be a Pez dispenser. You just shoot them out."....LOL.....oh, my.

The girls still love to dress up and have dance parties. Their new thing is to jump and dance on the bed and sing "Shake it! Shake it!" It cracks me up but I have no idea where they got that from.

Taylor said something mean to Kaylie when I was driving so I told her to stop being mean. She then said,"Mom, can we have a talk?" I said yes. She said,"Next time you are driving and I say something mean to Kaylie how about you just say 'That is okay'. Nice try Taylor! Her new thing is "How about we have a talk."

Tonight was "Daddy Date Night" so Neale took the girl's out to dinner. I think they had a big time. The girls signed their names to all of their Valentines for class. They are going to miss their school party Thursday so I let them pick out a big Valentine's Day Cookie to take to school tomorrow.

Life here is great. February is slow for me so I have actually taken time to go to the gym, had lots of dance parties with the girls, and just spent more time with my family and less time working. I am going to try to keep that going throughout 2013. Time is flying by and it amazes me that my sweet babies are already 4 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment