Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Marley Is In Heaven

My Sweet Marley
Neale and I got Marley 11 years ago. We never knew her exact birthday so we said it was August 1st. We saw in the paper one day that someone was giving away puppies so we went and got her. It was a spur of the moment decision that we are very happy we made. As a puppy she definitely tested our patience. I came home one day and my loveseat and chair were shredded to stuffing. Over the next two years our tv cords and lamp cords were chewed in half, our shoes were eaten, all the corners on our kitchen cabinets were chewed off, etc. I found full batteries in out yard that Marley had apparently swallowed whole. We took her to obedience school..... twice. Then when she outgrew her puppy days she became one of the best behaved dogs ever. She loved going on walks, going to the dog park, swimming, playing fetch with balls, playing frisbee, riding in the car with her head out the window, and going to the beach. She was gentle to her dog sisters, Roxy and Sydney, and extremely patient and loving to Kaylie and Taylor. She was one of the sweetest most loyal dogs I have ever known. She was extremely smart. If you asked her where her ball was she would search the house to find it. She loved to give kisses and made a funny noise like Chewbacca from Star Wars when she got excited. She tried to always carry around as many balls as she could possibly fit into her mouth. When I would wake up she would be beside me on the floor, when I got out of the shower she was on the floor by the shower door, when I left the house she would watch me leave out the window and wait for me to come home by the door, and when Neale and Roxy went to bed every night she stayed on the floor right beside my computer desk to wait for me. She was such a loyal and loving dog. We love her and it breaks our hearts that she is no longer with us.

2 comments:

  1. Marley was a very special dog and we will all miss her. We are so sorry that she is no longer with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad sister! Marley was an awesome dog. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete