Monday, February 21, 2011

Mommy and Daddy Time

View from our room balcony

For Christmas I gave Neale a trip skiing so we went to Beech, NC for the long weekend. This is the first time we have been skiing together in the 12+ years we have been together. My last ski experience in high school was spent on the ground (probably because I went to the top of the tallest slope at Snowshoe WVA and didn't have any clue how to ski- no bunny slope for me). I was amazed what a difference it makes if you actually go on the bunny slope first and teach yourself how to ski! I am actually not so bad at it. I only fell 3 times the whole weekend (and once I made myself so I wouldn't go into the woods and another other time I was walking...haha). Neale can ski well but fell pretty hard a few times. We both had a great time. The first day it was in the high 40's and sunny. The second day was cold and windy so it was a little hard for this beach girl to tolerate. I have lived in SC my whole life and I have always said that I will never live north of SC. After this weekend I can confirm that. We really had a great time though.
The girls stayed with Nana and Granddad Stovall (Thank you so much!). We called to check in on them when we had a phone signal and the girls would say "Hi Mommy" and kiss the phone. They told the girls "Mama is skiing" and the girls replied "Mama working". When we got home Kaylie ran right to me and wouldn't let go. She was giving me hugs and kisses and I was definitely feeling the love. Taylor on the other hand turned her back to us and actually put her nose up in the air. She was mad at us! It took her a while to get over but she is now back to her loving little self.
While they were with Nana and Granddad they went to the Zoo and Gaddytown. Nana and Granddad said the monkeys at the zoo were loud and the girls (especially Taylor) were scared of them and did not like them. The girls were still talking about the "bad monkeys" when we were driving home.
The girls are talking so much! When they are eating dinner they tell me "I like it" or "I don't want it". They put their plates in the sink when they are done eating and throw away their trash in the trashcan. They are such sweet loving little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment