Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Conversations

Photos will come this weekend! Last weekend I had a bridal show, a photo shoot and a funeral so it was pretty busy and I didn't get any photos of the girls. Neale worked the bridal show with me which was very much appreciated. He has working on quitting smoking so I am very proud of him.

I am constantly amazed by what the girls understand. We were at the grocery store and Taylor dropped "Puppy" in a rain puddle. I was explaining to her that Puppy is dirty because she dropped him and she needs to be more careful. She looked at me and said matter of factly "Wash it". I said "Wash it?" And she started laughing and said "Wash it".

Taylor broke out in hives from peanut butter. She has had a bite of peanut butter before and was okay but this time she ate a peanut butter sandwich and she broke out in hives. We quickly gave her allergy medicine and after a few hours it went away. So already can't have eggs and I guess we will be adding peanut butter to that list.

Kaylie likes to repeat everything I say. She insists on putting on her own clothes. Both girls insist on going down the stairs by themselves. It is a good thing I stand right in front of them because they would have taken numerous tumbles. They love to brush their teeth and their hair. When Taylor brushes her hair or someone elses she will say "Pretty" or "Kaylie Pretty" or "Mama Pretty".

Taylor likes to play a game while Kaylie is on her big girl potty (which we are working on). She smiles and shuts the door and say "Bye Bye Sissy". Then when I open the door back she giggles and says "Hey!" She does it over and over again. Taylor has an obsession with opening and shutting things. "EWWW!" is one of Taylor's favorite words when I am changing her diaper or when she blows her nose. I guess she got that from me.

Kaylie and Taylor both have a bedtime ritual. They have to go up the stairs by themselves, put their clothes in the clothes hamper, brush their teeth, sometimes read a book or sing a song, sometimes say a prayer (we are working on that), then get in bed. Taylor has to have "Puppy" and "Bunny" (a blanket with a bunny head), sometimes "Frog" too and a special blanket. If you give her the wrong blanket she will throw it out of the crib (we are still in cribs...we know we have to change soon but the doctor said to keep them in there until they know how to get out). Kaylie has to have her "Bunny" and sometimes her "Frog". We all give hugs and kisses and then cover them up with blankets. Then the girls like to give us kisses through the bars of the crib. Then we leave. Sometimes they cry a little (mostly Taylor) but usually they just talk to each other until they fall asleep. Kaylie is usually up later and she sings to herself sometimes. Taylor talks in her sleep. The other night I went to check on them and Taylor was sleeping but she said "Kiki" Even in their sleep.....they are best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment